Available 24/7 Assistance
Our valuable tools are available at your disposal, allowing you to troubleshoot anytime.
We have a fully equipped and specialized new shop, modern hydraulic equipment, a Linewise System for maximum accuracy and recordable data and a large fenced storage compound for storage and security.
We would like to extend an invitation to anyone in the industry to come and visit our facilities Central Cable will be happy to answer any questions you might have.
Drum Capacity Formula
With a picture of a drum showing where to get the measurements, the customer can then enter them into the right boxes. All measurements must be in inches.
Note: all Dimensions in inches Capacity will be in Feet
Size change Formula
To find how much line a drum will hold if you already know how much line of any size makes a full drum.
- Converting .108 to .140 knowing capacity of the drum with .108 line
- Full drum with .108 = 6000m
- 6000m x .108 x .108 ÷ .140 ÷ 140 = 3570m
- Full drum with .140 = 3570m
Dead Short – Conductor is in direct contact with armor. Typically, resistance is less than 100 Ohms. Loss of communication with tools.
To find a short using Ohms, you must know the mfg’s resistance of Ohms/1000ft
“To make sure you get an accurate reading both ends of the conductor must be disconnected from the collector or cable head, and clean.”
- In the example below, we will use a 5/16″ cable at 2.8ohms/1000ft.: (Know the length of 20,000 ft.)
- Using a multimeter get the ohms resistance from the drum end, then from the cable head of the line.